The John Laws Network
aussieseek dot com Radio Unit
2005-03-13 23:09:07 UTC
This list of stations taking John Laws is pretty impressive

QLD
10.71 AM-10.71 AM, Kingaroy
4AM -558 AM, Mareeba/Atherton
4BC-1116 AM, Brisbane
4BU-1332 AM, Bundaberg
4CC-927 AM, Gladstone
4GC-828 AM, Charters Towers
4GR-864 AM, Toowoomba
4HI-1143 AM, Emerald
4KZ-531 & 693 AM, Innisfail
4LG-1098 AM, Longreach
4LM-666 AM, Mount Isa
4VL-918 AM, Charleville
4ZR-1476 AM, Roma
Easy Listening-1026 AM, Mackay
Mix103.5-103.5 FM, Maryborough

NT
8HA-900 AM, Alice Springs
104.9 FM, Darwin

WA
6LN-666 AM, Carnarvon
98 FM-98.1 FM, Geraldton

SA
5CC-756 AM, Port Lincoln
5CS-1044 AM, Port Pirie
5MU-1125 AM, Murray Bridge
5RM-801 AM, Renmark
5SE-963 AM, Mount Gambier

TAS
7AD-900 AM, Devonport
7XS-92.1 FM/105.1 FM/107.1 FM,
Queenstown
Tote Sport Radio, 1008 AM,
Launceston
Magic 107.3 FM, Hobart
Tote Sport Radio, 1008 AM,
Scottsdale
NSW
1521QN-1521 AM, Deniliquin
2AY-1494 AM, Albury/Wodonga
2BH-567 AM, Broken Hill
2CS FM-106.3 FM, Coffs Harbour
2EC-105.5 FM/105.9 FM/
765 AM & 1584 AM, Bega
2GN-1368 AM, Goulburn
2GZ FM-105.1 FM, Orange
2HD- 1143 AM, Newcastle
2LF-1350 AM, Young
2LT-900 AM, Lithgow
2MAX FM-91.3 FM, Narrabri
2MC FM-100.7 FM/106.7 FM,
Port Macquarie
2NM-981 AM, Muswellbrook
2RG-963 AM, Griffith
2ST-999 AM, Nowra
2UE-954 AM, Sydney
2WEB-585 AM, Bourke
2WG-1152 AM, Wagga Wagga
2XL-918 AM/96.3 FM/92.1 FM/
98.7 FM, Cooma
2YOUFM-88.9 FM, Tamworth
Great Lakes FM-101.5 FM,
Forster/Tuncurry
Valley FM 97.9-97.9 FM,
Forbes/Parkes

ACT
2CC-1206 AM, Canberra

VIC
3BO FM-93.5 FM, Bendigo
3CS-1134 AM, Colac
3GV, 1242 AM, Gippsland
3HA-981 AM, Hamilton
3MA FM, 97.9 FM, Mildura
3NE-1566 AM, Wangaratta
3SH-1332 AM, Swan Hill
3WM-1089 AM, Horsham
3YB-882 AM, Warnambool
Easy Listening-1071 AM,
Central Victoria
aussieseek dot com Radio Unit
2005-03-13 23:12:34 UTC
Reading his Bio was Interesting

John used to be a smoker

He Stayed one Night at 2PK because
they wouldnt allow him to Smoke in the studio
aussieseek dot com Radio Unit
2005-03-13 23:14:30 UTC
http://www.johnlaws.com.au/5Milestones_Bio.html
Brendon
2005-03-14 06:46:36 UTC
Post by aussieseek dot com Radio Unit
This list of stations taking John Laws is pretty impressive
When I listen to John Laws, I think he spends too much time talking about
NSW/Sydney related stuff.
m***@telpacific.com.au
2005-03-14 23:42:02 UTC
What stations does Stan Zemanek go to?
Peter Taylor
2005-03-15 01:22:09 UTC
I've always been puzzled as to why Melbourne (3AW) don't take Lawsie. As
much as I think Neil Mitchell's great, and used to listen to him when I
lived in Melbourne, I still reckon Laws would work down there.

pete
brissy
Central Victoria
aussieseek dot com Radio Unit
2005-03-15 01:30:32 UTC
F*** 3AW, Id put him on XX or MP or EE
Andrew Bayley
2005-03-15 09:26:19 UTC
Post by Peter Taylor
I've always been puzzled as to why Melbourne (3AW) don't take Lawsie.
Melbourne people don't take too well to Sydney-based talkback. And Laws has
been tried in Melbourne before, IIRC 3AK in 1986 and 1990 and rated next to
nothing.
CrowdedHouse
2005-03-15 02:06:07 UTC
What would be an interesting stat is how many stations take the full 3
hour show, how many take 2 hours and how many just take one hour.
Wombat Lover
2005-03-15 02:42:44 UTC
Interesting question indeed,

I remember 3BA used to take it for a short while, that was a 1 hour show,
because they couldnt stop "Ballarat Today" from 10am. And its still going
today I believe.

3BO, 3MA, 2AY.....basically anyone who used to be in the DMGRR network, took
it for 2 hours. Even 3NE has it for 2 hours.

The full 3 hours are heard on 3HA, 3WM, 3SH, 3YB, 3GV, 3CS, and I reckon
Easy Listening 1071 does the full thing also. In Tasmania 7AD and 7LA take
the full lot also, as well as Maryboroughs Mix FM 103.5 in Queensland

I also believe the NSW community stations (where Caralis rule the
commercials) have it for 3hours, and probably win the listeners in that area
also

I also see that Great Lakes FM takes Zemanek from 10pm followed by Kerr.
Interesting stuff
From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne | http://www.surfnetvic.cjb.net |
Ray
2005-03-15 02:58:46 UTC
2ST & 2EC takes Laws only for one hour after 9am. They then revert to local
program (music or whatever).
The AMI easy listening network stations, 2CC, 4BU, 2QN, 4GR, & 1071am(4SB)
take Laws for the full three hours also.
I was up that way in February.
Ray
From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne | http://www.surfnetvic.cjb.net |
Wombat Lover
2005-03-15 03:08:05 UTC
I guess I forgot one obvious one, 2CC takes the full 3 hours of Laws. I
suppose 2LT in Lithgow do also.

Getting slighty off the "radio stations who takes Laws" subject, Has Laws
ever been heard on 3SR or 3GG? And which other stations can claim the same?
From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne | http://www.surfnetvic.cjb.net |
aussieseek dot com Radio Unit
2005-03-15 03:54:52 UTC
Post by Wombat Lover
I guess I forgot one obvious one, 2CC takes the full 3 hours of Laws. I
suppose 2LT in Lithgow do also.
Getting slighty off the "radio stations who takes Laws" subject, Has Laws
ever been heard on 3SR or 3GG? And which other stations can claim the same?
--
From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne |
http://www.surfnetvic.cjb.net |

2HD Take him for the full three hours
Ray
Timbo
2005-03-19 05:31:57 UTC
2HD,the caralis station,hmmmm,don't they like their own talkback?

73
Tim
------
Timbo
2005-03-19 05:29:48 UTC
G'day Ray,
4BU is on 1332KHz,and the AMI one is on 1044KHz,me thinks?

73
Tim
---------
Wombat Lover
2005-03-19 06:12:59 UTC
When In doubt - consult the Easy Listening Site
http://www.easylistening.com.au

1026 in Mackay takes Laws, I also seem to remember them taking 3AW footy
along with Cairns 846, so maybe 846 takes Laws also
From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne | http://www.surfnetvic.cjb.net |
Timbo
2005-03-20 09:40:10 UTC
I've got it wrong too,lol

73
Tim
-------

Simon
2005-03-15 10:11:09 UTC
Post by Wombat Lover
3BO, 3MA, 2AY.....basically anyone who used to be in the DMGRR network, took
it for 2 hours. Even 3NE has it for 2 hours.
No they now take it for the full 3 hours ( some already did it was patchy
the coverage, as in this station did this one didnt)
Since Perno they took it the full time.
you can also add 2GN and 2UE to the list...

doesnt John Stanly broadcast in melb or is it just Canberra or just sydney

--
SC
From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne | http://www.surfnetvic.cjb.net |
Wombat Lover
2005-03-15 22:48:21 UTC
Post by Wombat Lover
it for 2 hours. Even 3NE has it for 2 hours.
No they now take it for the full 3 hours ( some already did it was patchy
the coverage, as in this station did this one didnt)
Since Perno they took it the full time.
you can also add 2GN and 2UE to the list...
doesnt John Stanly broadcast in melb or is it just Canberra or just sydney
Ahh...I see I tricked even myself there with what I said, "Basically
anyone who used to be in the DMGRR network, TOOK it for 2 hours"
meaning...they used to. But as you say..they take the full 3hours now
(thanks for the clarification)

I think Stanley is heard in Canberra, but nothing from 2UE is on 3AW
these days...the last time something from there was on air, was when
2UE's Ray Hadley was calling an AFL game at the SCG. Kangaroos v
Sydney it was. And Ray basically didnt have much of a clue what
everything was (3AW took last quarter)

From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne | http://www.surfnetvic.cjb.net

Wombat Lover
2005-03-16 05:49:03 UTC
Post by Wombat Lover
it for 2 hours. Even 3NE has it for 2 hours.
No they now take it for the full 3 hours ( some already did it was patchy
the coverage, as in this station did this one didnt)
Since Perno they took it the full time.
you can also add 2GN and 2UE to the list...
doesnt John Stanly broadcast in melb or is it just Canberra or just sydney
Even I tricked myself with what I said there...."basically anyone who
used to be in the DMGRR network, TOOK it for 2hours" Means that they
used to, but as you said, they now take the full 3 hours (thanks for
the clarification)

John Stanley would be heard in Canberra....in fact, you dont hear much
stuff from 2UE on 3AW these days, the last time that happened, it was
2UE's Rad Hadley calling the AFL at the SCG. And 3AW joined him in the
final quarter of a Kangaroos v Sydney match. And Hadley had no idea
about what he was calling

From Robert | Wombat Lover | Melbourne | http://www.surfnetvic.cjb.net

Samuel Gordon-Stewart
2005-03-18 13:23:01 UTC
Post by Simon
doesnt John Stanly broadcast in melb or is it just Canberra or just sydney
John Stanley is heard in Canberra & Sydney, it works quite well,
Stanley does manage to realise that Canberra is part of his audience
and works the show around it...he still declares that it's a lovely day
just becuase it's sunny in Sydney, but at least he declares that it is
a nice day on the roof of 2UE.

For the record, the only local programming on 2CC is breakfast (Mike
Jeffreys) & drive (Mike Welsh) on weekdays, with a weekend morning line
up of local gardening/talkback/trading post (and sunday has an hour of
"Best Of Laws" stuck in their, it is basically the 30 minutes from
Friday with extra stuff 2CC throw in)...2CC also have their own news
weekdays from 5am-6pm and weekend mornings.

I remember back in '95 2CC were calling themselves "Canberra's new home
for John Laws", was he on another canberra station before that? I was 8
at the time, but it just kinda stuck in my head.

samuel